ADDRESSING THE HEALTHCARE CHALLENGES AHEAD: BRETAGNES STRENGTHS AND CAPABILITIES
Our ambition : Become a leading region in Europe in addressing the healthcare challenges of tomorrow: prevention, prediction, patient empowerment.
Thanks to the strengths and innovation of our region’s healthcare sector, Bretagne ranks among France’s leading regions for its scientific and clinical expertise, and also as a great place to do business.
Patients and healthcare professionals are at the heart of the sector’s innovation
Today healthcare should be patient-centred and delivered by multidisciplinary medical teams co-operating together. Translational research, « from research lab to hospital bedside, » has been the focus of many pivotal projects across the region.
Bretagne in figures
• National School of Public Health - EHESP
• National blood transfusion service in Brest and Rennes - EFS
• Regional cancer centre - CEM
• Centre for health simulation - CESIM Santé
• Technological Research Institute - b<>com
• Accelerator and technology transfer office - SATT Ouest Valorisation
• Network of high-level technology platforms - Biogenouest
• Centre for clinical investigation and technological innovation - CIC-IT
Ranking region in France for biotechnology* - Capbiotek
Research teams (Anses, CNRS, Inra, Inria, Inserm, etc.) - Plug in labs ouest
* Source BioMap 2015 Biotech Finances